Each year, Susan G. Komen Greater Nashville funds community-based programs that address barriers and needs related to breast cancer. Komen for the Cure is currently accepting Community Grant Applications through December 14, 2012.
To be eligible to apply for a Komen Community Based Grant or a Small Grant, organizations must be:
• A federally tax-exempt entity
• Located in the specified affiliate service area (Cheatham, Davidson, Dickson, Maury, Montgomery, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, Trousdale, Williamson, and Wilson).
• Provide breast health or breast cancer screening, treatment, education or outreach
The application and further information can be found at www.komennashville.org/grants.
To apply for a Community-Based Grant, at least one representative from each organization must attend a MANDATORY Komen Grants Training session scheduled for:
Wednesday, September 19th from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Wednesday, October 3rd from 3:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
The grant training workshop is to familiarize applicants with the application process, expectations, the application itself and the Grants eManagement System.
Those planning to attend training should RSVP to email@example.com or call (615) 383-0017 to let them know which training you will attend.
“Through our grants program we aim to increase access to early detection, quality treatment and support,” said Patty Harman, Komen Greater Nashville Executive Director. “Our grants process allows programs throughout all 11 counties in Middle Tennessee a fair and balanced opportunity to receive extensive funding from Komen Greater Nashville.”
Through events like the Komen Greater Nashville Race for the Cure, the Affiliate has invested more than $3.6 million in local breast health and breast cancer awareness projects over the past 12 years. Annually over $600,000 is given in local grants. Up to 75 percent of all funds generated by the Komen Greater Nashville Affiliate stays in the Affiliate Service area. The remaining 25% goes toward research to find a cure for breast cancer.